I HAVE A KIA OPTIMA AND EVERYTIME I FUEL IT I ...

2004 Kia Optima

steveshotwell

July, 2, 2011 AT 2:52 AM

I have a kia optima and everytime I fuel it I have trouble starting it until pressing peddle to floor then it starts revs and then holding at 1500 rpm it will maintain after couple min the dealership said it is some vent tube plugged from over filling and some filter I do not know where to look for it and it hesitates until fully primed

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

July, 2, 2011 AT 3:09 AM

This is quite common for Kia vehicles. A fault in the EVAP system. Get a scan done to check for trouble codes and let me know if any found.

steveshotwell

July, 2, 2011 AT 4:23 AM

Evap system were is it how is it serviced I was told there is a filter that has to be cleaned of fuel

July, 2, 2011 AT 12:25 PM

EVAP system leads from front to rear with a few component and if there are any trouble codes, it would help to pin point the problem.

Without any trouble codes, you would have to check the complete system which includes hoses and solenoids.

steveshotwell

July, 2, 2011 AT 5:12 PM

Well all I know is they had to clean the entire system of fuel plugging vacuum lines which caused it to hesitate

July, 3, 2011 AT 7:34 AM

Has it been done and did it solve the problem?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang