KIA OPTIMA 2004

• Steveshotwell
  • 2004 KIA OPTIMA

I have a kia optima and everytime I fuel it I have trouble starting it until pressing peddle to floor then it starts revs and then holding at 1500 rpm it will maintain after couple min the dealership said it is some vent tube plugged from over filling and some filter I do not know where to look for it and it hesitates until fully primed

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 AT 2:52 AM

• KHLow2008

This is quite common for Kia vehicles. A fault in the EVAP system. Get a scan done to check for trouble codes and let me know if any found.

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 AT 3:09 AM
  • Steveshotwell

Evap system were is it how is it serviced I was told there is a filter that has to be cleaned of fuel

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 AT 4:23 AM
  • KHLow2008

EVAP system leads from front to rear with a few component and if there are any trouble codes, it would help to pin point the problem.

Without any trouble codes, you would have to check the complete system which includes hoses and solenoids.

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 AT 12:25 PM
  • Steveshotwell

Well all I know is they had to clean the entire system of fuel plugging vacuum lines which caused it to hesitate

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 AT 5:12 PM
  • KHLow2008

Has it been done and did it solve the problem?

Sunday, July 3rd, 2011 AT 7:34 AM