2004 Dodge Dakota Code 507

• 1 POST
  • 667 MILES

I just had an engineering company rebuild my motor they have everything you need in the shop to do this.
5 weeks I get my truck back and first thing I notice was my muffler was making noise. Then I notice I had a power steering leak. Ok at 165000 before that normal wear. Then a couple of week later my idle start to run high and truck want to keep driving by its self. I hooked up my code reader and it says code 507.

So I decide to inspect there work I under a lot about mechanics just lack tool and experience need to preform some repairs. So the first thing I notice was the lower radiator hose camps wear not tighten down properly, then I see one of my pig tails retaining clip was not pushed in. Then I found a retain clip in my bumper splash guard. Then I see my oil dip stick nut was not fasten down all the and was rubbing up against my throttle cable.

Theres more my transmission cooling lines were not secured and I don't if a overhaul means you blast the block then or just paint right over the rust but it looks like thats what they did and a incomplete job at that because I can still see rust in some spots. I called they said bring will look at but I don't want to get it back and have more problems when I get back then when I took it in! Plus not have my truck again for 5 weeks!

So I tighten ever bolt and clamp that was loose secured everything that was not fasten check and clamped all the vacuum line / hoses. Replaced gas cap and I am currently in the process of replacing power steering pump and pressure lines. Also I got a new muffler installed!

Im just wondering if I start up and still get the code 507 how I can figure out where the vacuum leak is to get the idle back to normal running RPMs? Will I need to take to them so they can drop the output program in my PCM?

2004 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus Quad Cab 4x4 4.7L automatic
The BCM time and alarm module is damaged I don't know if that matters or not.
My research says IAC valve check but I need to have my PCM reprogrammed?

It costs me $4000 for the rebuild too!

Horn Automotive Engineering
Marion, Iowa

Whats Next? LOL!

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 AT 7:05 PM

That code is for the IAC. Basically, the computer realizes that the engine is idling too high. Several things can cause this:

Bad Idle Air Control Motor
Vacuum leaks
Coolant Temperature Sensor
Defective Charging System/Alternator
Defective Power Steering Pressure Switch

It's odd that you have an idle issue and PS issue too. Have you checked the PS pressure switch?

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 AT 7:54 PM