2004 Chevrolet Venture Unknow nipple off manifold.

MINIVANMAMA2589
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE
I have an 04 Chevy venture with the 3.4 L and on the passenger side of the manifold there is a nipple that looks as if some sort of line goes to it. Unsure what kind of line. There is one also on the driver side towards the front of the manifold that has a cap over it. Looked at Chilton's and Haynes and cant seem to find what goes to it. If you place your finger over the nipple it causes the motor to die down. (Not completely) At first though it ran to the tranny later realized it can the tranny is all electric. All of the diagrams I look at get me no where. At a lose and this mama needs her van ASAP please help
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 AT 9:59 AM

DENNYP
Do you see the vacuum port on either of the pictures I attached? If so, can you describe its location for me?
+1
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 AT 4:06 PM
MINIVANMAMA2589
Yes I do see it I circled it on the pic with paint. I also see that it has no hose or line attached to it. The thing is when you block off that nipple the motor dies down a lot and then eventually stalls out. I also know there is on near the front drivers side that looks like it has a OE Cap on it. Every picture that I have looked at it has shown one with a hose( the one that is capped off on my van) and the other one ( that is not capped off ) has a line going to it. Severely confused.
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 AT 4:17 PM
DENNYP
Ok, some of these engines did use a vacuum hose at that fitting. If there is one, it will be located on the back side of the engine near the 3 ignition coils. It will have a 90 rubber elbow on the end of it. It will be a small diameter hard plastic line.
If you don't see one of these lines, place a rubber cap over the port. Either way, it should not cause the vehicle to stall out. You may need to clean the inside of the throttle body to remove any carbon deposits to give the vehicle the proper airflow.
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 AT 4:41 PM
MINIVANMAMA2589
The nipple to the front of the manifold is already capped. So I am to cap both of them? The motor stalls out when the on to the rear is blocked off with your finger. That is why I thought something went to it but it is a 04 and none of the manuals show what I need it to.
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 AT 4:47 PM
DENNYP
Yes, cap both vacuum ports.
Monday, November 11th, 2013 AT 8:45 AM