Multiple dash lights on and no AC when they come on

JONSWIFE
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TAHOE
What would cause abs and emergency brakelight to come on and at the same time my ac stop working
Sunday, July 31st, 2011 AT 11:42 PM

WRENCHTECH
Test all your fuses with a test light when the problem is present. You probably have a bad contact in one of them.
Sunday, July 31st, 2011 AT 11:57 PM
JONSWIFE
Thanks Wrenchtech, can I buy a test light and if so how much do they cost? The wierd thing is it doesnt happen all the time but with this heat we have been having in Missouri its too hot to drive with no ac
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 12:12 AM
WRENCHTECH
You can buy a decent one for #20 or so. Try to get one that uses LEDs instead of incandescent bulbs because they won't harm the computer.
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 12:18 AM
JONSWIFE
Ok another question do I test the fuses in fuse box under hood or on side of dash, and do I do it while it is running? And how do I do it? Sorry I am not not very car smart. I am just trying to fix the problem without spending hundreds of $ if I can fix it my self. Thank you
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 12:21 AM
WRENCHTECH
You test ALL of the fuses with the key on. You leave them in the socket. There is a metal contact on the top at each end. If you only have power at one side and not the other, the fuse is burned out.
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 12:41 AM
JONSWIFE
Awesome. Thanks so much. Will let ya know what I find out
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 12:43 AM
JONSWIFE
So with these lights not coming on all the time could it still b a fuse problem?
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 12:44 AM