03 MONTANA STALLED NAD WONT START

• khslax1999
  • 2003 Pontiac Montana
  • automatic

03 pontiac montana stalled out and now it wont start what coud this be

Sunday, December 12th, 2010 AT 6:11 PM

• rasmataz

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Sunday, December 12th, 2010 AT 6:14 PM
  • khslax1999

How do I go about troubleshooting the ignition system I did replace the ignition switch

Sunday, December 12th, 2010 AT 7:38 PM