Radiator replacement

TODDMORRIS
  • 2003 PONTIAC MONTANA
How to take out the radiator?
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 4:07 PM

KEN

Here is a guided that should help you see what you are in for when doing the job. You might need to vacuum down and recharge the air conditioner if you can get the condenser unbolted from the radiator before it is removed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/re-charge-an-air-conditioner-system

This guide can give you an idea of what you are in for when changing the radiator out.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-car-radiator

Check out the diagrams (below).

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 AT 12:49 PM
XJSHEN
Hello Ken,
I replaced radiator and all A/C system worked good. But I forgot to install two tetragonal rubber bodies (image attached) after replacement of radiator and battery. I do not remember where it was located. If you instruct me where it should be installed very appreciated.
Thanks for your help!
Friday, April 20th, 2018 AT 3:26 PM
XJSHEN
What is the part name?
Friday, April 20th, 2018 AT 3:27 PM
STEVE W.
Those look like the two rubber mounts that the locator pins on the bottom of the radiator fit into. If you still have the old one you removed look at the bottom at both ends where the tanks are and see if there are pins sticking down that the holes in those mounts slide over. If you discover that is what they are, look on the vehicle itself and see if the old ones are still installed. Sometimes a replacement part will fit a few models that use slightly different parts. They will include the "other" parts just in case they are needed.
+1
Friday, April 20th, 2018 AT 3:56 PM
XJSHEN
Hi Ken,
Thank you so much for your prompt help and answer.
It is the original rubber parts which I had forgotten to install original its location. I already installed all A/C parts and pipes to radiator. Now I can raise a little bit and insert them. But I do not know perfect position. May you instruct me with a picture would be great to help me to install back its location. Thanks a lot for your help!
Steven
Friday, April 20th, 2018 AT 4:15 PM
XJSHEN
There was two round rubber mounts already installed at two bottom sides legs. That is rubber mounts when I search online with the term of rubber mount.
Then radiator installed a loose due to the two mount was not installed. But I could find its two small legs on the image and half hole.
Friday, April 20th, 2018 AT 4:33 PM
XJSHEN
What is correct name for the parts? Then I can search how to install and where to install. I have repair manual but I could not find the part. Thanks for your instruction and helps!
Steven
Friday, April 20th, 2018 AT 4:35 PM
STEVE W.
The problem is that those two parts may not be required for your vehicle. The Montana has a few options that would use rubber isolation mounts like those. The folks selling the radiator include those in the event you need them, but if the radiator is mounted good and is not loose at the top or bottom you should be okay and do not need them.

The issue with the manual is the same thing I have, they do not show every part used on every version.
They also could be the two parts on the top of the radiator supports marked here.
-1
Friday, April 20th, 2018 AT 7:03 PM