The engine can't start sometime or It's stop running itself

DEDIPHIL
  • 2003 JEEP LIBERTY
I have problem with my jeep liberty, the engine refuse to start for 3 or 4 days, sometimes it's start and after 5 - 10 min, it's stop.

I check with the chek engine and the error code is P1282, it show problem in Fuel Pompe relay Control Circuit, I want to know where this part is located? And is there difference between fuel pompe relais and Fuel Pompe relay Control Circuit

thanks
Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 4:05 PM

The fuel puump relay is in the power distribution center underhood.
Fuel pump relay voltage is monitored with ignition on, and battery voltage above 10.4 volts. DTC will set if an open or short condition is detected in the fuel pump relay control circuit.

Possible Causes

? Intermittent Condition
? Fuel Pump Relay
? Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit Open
? Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit Shorted To Ground
? Fused Ignition Switch Output Circuit Open
? PCM

Testing

1. Turn ignition on, engine not running. With the DRBIII(R), actuate the Fuel Pump Relay. Is the Fuel Pump Relay clicking? If yes, go to INTERMITTENT CONDITION under SELF DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM.
If no, go to next step.
2. Turn the ignition off. Remove the Fuel Pump Relay from the PDC. Check connector and clean/repair as necessary. Measure the resistance between terminals No. 1 (85) and 2 (86) of the fuel pump relay. Is the
resistance between 50 and 90 ohms? If yes, go to next step. If no, replace the fuel pump relay.
3. Turn ignition on, engine not running. With a 12 volt test light connected to ground, probe the (F1) Fused Ignition Switch output circuit in the Fuel Pump Relay connector. Does the test light illuminate brightly? If
yes, go to the next step. If no, repair the open or short to ground in the (F1) Fused Ignition Switch Output circuit. Inspect the related fuse and repair as necessary.
4. Turn the ignition off. Disconnect the PCM harness connectors. Check connectors and clean/repair as necessary. Measure the resistance of the (K31) Fuel Pump Relay Control circuit from the PDC terminal to the
PCM harness connector. Is the resistance below 5.0 ohms? If yes, go to next step. If no, repair the (K31) Fuel Pump Relay Control circuit for an open.
5. Measure the resistance between ground and the (K31) Fuel Pump Relay Control circuit at the PCM harness connector. Is the resistance below 100 ohms? If yes, repair the Fuel Pump Relay Control circuit for a
short to ground. If no, go to next step.

NOTE: Before continuing, check the PCM harness connector terminals for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Repair as necessary.

6. Using the wiring diagram as a guide, inspect the wire harness and connectors. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If there are no possible causes remaining, replace PCM. Program the new
PCM. See PROGRAMMING . Also once problem is found make sure to clear the code otherwise pcm will make absolutely no attempt to turn on fuel pump relay.
+1
Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 4:51 PM