2003 HONDA ACCORD - WINDOW SWITCH PROBLEM

• shandras67
  • 2003 Honda Accord
  • manual

I have a 2003 Honda Accord V6 2 door - I just installed a new driver's side window switch. The windows work perfectly again - thank goodness. But my problem is that my key fob lock/unlock and trunk opener doesn't work. Do I need to reset something in the car to get the window switch to recognize my key fob? Help please.

Monday, August 22nd, 2011 AT 3:59 PM

• fixitmr

You got a manual to look up how to reprogram it?

Monday, August 22nd, 2011 AT 7:47 PM
  • shandras67

My initial response is - do I sound like a complete idiot? I just gave you the crux of the problem and listed my car accurately - so I obviously have some experience with cars. But I will settle with Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately that is where I looked first and my "manual" does not give me advice on how to sync my key fob after installing a new switch. It only gives advice on how to reset the system after losing power (via a disconnected battery, etc.). So I am looking for some technical advice on how to sync the key fob with the car after installing a new main window switch. I am guessing that there is a special trick to reset the system that only a dealer would know. Anyone who has some sound advice on this - it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Monday, August 22nd, 2011 AT 8:03 PM
  • fixitmr

Or try this.
Turn key on Hit lock button on fob
turn key off
turn key on hit lock button on fob
turn key off
turn key on hit lock button on fob
turn key off
turn key on hit lock button on fob
you should hear the door lock actuators work(you are in the programming mode)
hit lock buttons on both fobs you should hear the door actuators working with each button press.
Turn ign switch to off
Remove key and viola Whatever keyless remotes will work will work then.
You must do each step quickly for success. BTW most service advisors at dealerships will perform this operation free of charge. If you are not successful on the first attempt try again until it works.

-1
Monday, August 22nd, 2011 AT 8:04 PM