VAN WONT START, BUT IT TURNS OVER

2003 GMC Safari

Mark stevenson

February, 28, 2012 AT 7:37 PM

I took the kids to school and no problems. Three hours later and it wont start. It seems like its not getting fuel

saturntech9

February, 28, 2012 AT 7:43 PM

Is the security light on solid or flashing?

Mark stevenson

February, 28, 2012 AT 8:00 PM

Flashing at first, then it turns off, My check engine light just now turned on. What do you think it might be

saturntech9

February, 29, 2012 AT 2:05 AM

If the engine isnt running the check engine light should be on. So the security light is flashing?If it is it will disable your fuel injectors not allowing fuel to the engine.

Mark stevenson

February, 29, 2012 AT 2:44 AM

So what do I do now. I just replaced the fuel filter and I've never seen fuel so dark. It was very hard to blow through the filter. How do I get my vehicle running now.

cadieman

February, 29, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

Does it try to start with spray?

saturntech9

February, 29, 2012 AT 3:11 AM

If that was the first time the fuel filter was changed then that would explain the dark fuel and restricted filter. See if you have spark and see what the actual fuel pressure is. Also see if you are getting a injector pluse you would unplug the injectors and plug in a noid light where the injector went. Then crank the engine over and see if the light flashes. The light should flash while cranking it shouldnt stay on solid. Check all the injector connectors.

Mark stevenson

February, 29, 2012 AT 5:38 PM

Thanks for the info, I havent tried starting it with spray yet, but I will. If not I will do everything else. Thanks for the help. I hope it will start with the spray.

saturntech9

February, 29, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

Keep me posted on what you find.

Mark stevenson

March, 1, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

Thanks for the help. I just got the van to start using starting fluid. But it runs for a few seconds then dies. The check engine light has turned off. I just dont think it is getting fuel now. Could a fuse be the problem?

cadieman

March, 1, 2012 AT 2:02 AM

Check power to the injector fuse and fuel pump fuse on the fuse panel under below the glove box. That they show good and that u hear the pump turn on.[

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang