Wont start, but it turns over

MARK STEVENSON
  • 2003 GMC SAFARI
I took the kids to school and no problems. Three hours later and it wont start. It seems like its not getting fuel
Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 AT 7:37 PM

SATURNTECH9
Is the security light on solid or flashing?
+1
Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 AT 7:43 PM
MARK STEVENSON
Flashing at first, then it turns off, My check engine light just now turned on. What do you think it might be
Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 AT 8:00 PM
SATURNTECH9
If the engine inst running the check engine light should be on. It sounds like the fuel pump has gone out. Can we do a pressure test?

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
+1
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 2:05 AM
MARK STEVENSON
I just replaced the fuel filter and I've never seen fuel so dark. It was very hard to blow through the filter. How do I get my vehicle running now.
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 2:44 AM
CADIEMAN
Does it try to start with spray?
+2
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 2:53 AM
SATURNTECH9
If that was the first time the fuel filter was changed then that would explain the dark fuel and restricted filter. See if you have spark and see what the actual fuel pressure is. Also see if you are getting a injector pluse you would unplug the injectors and plug in a noid light where the injector went. Then crank the engine over and see if the light flashes. The light should flash while cranking it shouldnt stay on solid. Check all the injector connectors.
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 3:11 AM
MARK STEVENSON
Thanks for the info, I havent tried starting it with spray yet, but I will. If not I will do everything else. Thanks for the help. I hope it will start with the spray.
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 5:38 PM
SATURNTECH9
Keep me posted on what you find.
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 5:41 PM
MARK STEVENSON
Thanks for the help. I just got the van to start using starting fluid. But it runs for a few seconds then dies. The check engine light has turned off. I just dont think it is getting fuel now. Could a fuse be the problem?
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 12:36 AM
CADIEMAN
Check power to the injector fuse and fuel pump fuse on the fuse panel under below the glove box. That they show good and that u hear the pump turn on.
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 2:02 AM
MARK STEVENSON
It looks like my pump is bad, no fuel pressure. How do I replace it?
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 6:15 PM
SATURNTECH9
Yep I thought so. Here is a guide that can help you see what you are in for when doing the job

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

Here is what it will be like on your car.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 6:20 PM
CADIEMAN
If it was the security or the car would not even crank. This hast to be a fuel problem. Rent a pressure tester from the parts store. Turn the key on and read the pressure then do a leak down test turn the key off. Come back in 15 mins. The gauge should read the same
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 8:44 PM
SATURNTECH9
I just double checked and the fuel injectors are disabled not the starter. You can look for yourself if you like on the earlier gm cars the starters were disabled. The later gm cars they started disabling the injectors. So you will get a crank no start so if the security light is coming on and you have a crank and no start I would start with diagnosing that.
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 9:54 PM