Headlight relay location

HIL0143COMCASTNET
  • 2003 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
Does it have one? Headlights not working.
Monday, March 11th, 2013 AT 10:41 AM

ASEMASTER6371
There is no headlight relay. Here is a headlight wiring diagram to show you how the system works and a guide to help you check the wiring:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
Monday, March 11th, 2013 AT 10:44 AM
JCLINT
I had this problem it was the main headlight switch. Thanks for the guide. I love this site.
+1
Tuesday, July 31st, 2018 AT 6:26 PM
JFERRISRX
  • 2003 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
My headlamps only (parking, tail, dash, all others stayed on) went out. Had the system on auto lamp, but when switched to manual still stayed off. Sometimes they just randomly come on at night, and I can here a "tick" type of a noise, like a module is being activated to turn them on. For example when they did work, and it got dark, I would hear this noise, and they would turn on. I can pull the flash-to-pass back on the and the high beams would stay on long as holding dimmer switch in flash to pass position. Also, my wind shield wipers only now work on highest speed, and to turn them off, I have to turn the switch all the way back down and they just randomly stop where ever they where. Last, my air-conditioning will only now work on my defrost vents. I set it to vent, and it will only come out that way through the defrost vents.

First came the light issue, then the wipers, now the air. What the heck is going on?

The dealer claims the light issue is the Headlight module 4W7z13C788BB

Headlight Control Processor $600.00 job including the part. How can this be the issue if these lights randomly work sometimes?

Also, I was in a front end collision (driver side) but the insurance company claims that none if this is accident related. Can someone please give me some answers? I cannot afford all this work, and my car is only five years old. Thanks so much!
Tuesday, July 31st, 2018 AT 8:59 PM (Merged)
NICHOLEPOTTS
  • 2004 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
My running beams stay on and I can manually hold my brights on, but my brights are shinning my regular beams. Then while driving my lights started working, but when I parked my lights stopped working and so did my car locks. Any ideas?
KHLOW2008
The Light Control Module for this model has a high rate of failure and some geniuses have come up with a solution for this by bypassing the it.

Using a 4 pin relay connect as follows at the LCM (light control module).

Tee in orange/white wire at lcm (bat +) to pin 30 & pin 85 of relay.
Tee in red/yellow wire at lcm (headlamp input) to pin 86 of relay.
Cut gray wire at lcm (power feed to multi-function switch) cover gray wire from lcm with tape - connect gray wire from multi-function switch to pin 87 of relay.

Test the operation.
TOMMYLIMO
  • 2002 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
Okay, I have no headlights or instrument cluster lights! But I do have high beams, signal lights, brake lights and instrument warning lights. I have checked all fuses inside and they are fine. Checked fuses in distribution box they are fine too. Can somebody tell me what I missed? Is there a relay or hidden fuse I do not know about? Also changed switch still no! Headlights.
TOMMYLIMO
I found the problem. Thanks anyway. TommyLimo
RIVERMIKERAT
Thank you Tommy.
CBOL07
  • 1999 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
V8 two wheel drive 123,098 miles.

All lights that are functioned by the light switch in on left hand side of the car are not working (head lights, speedometer, and over head light). Could it be a blown fuse?
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Could be fuse, always check fuses first. If fuses are good then the headlight switch wiring needs checked, if it is okay then switch itself is probably at fault.
CBOL07
Okay, thanks, I am going to check the fuses out in the morning. I hope that is all it is.
ANTORIAJ
  • 2001 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
  • RWD
Fuses inside car on driver side do not stay connected as soon as I put one in it falls out.
Use a small pick to go in alongside the terminals to squeeze them tighter.