2003 TAHOE HEATED SEAT PROBLEM

• ohhellnaw
  • 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
  • automatic

I have a 2003 Tahoe and both heated seats are not working. When you press the heated seat button, the lights come on but when you let go of the button, the lights go out. This is for both sides, driver and passenger this is occuring. Any idea what the problem maybe? Please email me at ohhellnaw@gmail. Com

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 3:56 AM

• factoryjack

Disconnect the body harness to seat harness connectors at the rear of the front seats. Check for heat damage, or otherwise a poor connection. At this point a wiring repair will be needed, with new terminals and connector body. If you find nothing at the seat to body connectors, and it has drivers memory seat, check the connections at the memory seat module.

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 4:07 AM
  • ohhellnaw

Yes it has memory seats also. Where is the memory seat module located? As I mention, you can press drivers side and the passenger side heat buttons, and they will light up, but as soon as you release the button, the lights go out. Would a bad relay cause this also? I don't believe it would be a fuse because the lights wouldnt come on at all if it was a blown fuse, correct?

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 4:29 AM
  • factoryjack

The fact that it is experiencing concern with both seats, I would suspect a connection issue at either the driver/passenger seat to body harness connector, or the seat module. There is no relay, nor an independent seat heater module. Both seats share a common power, and a common ground through the memory seat module. The way the system works, is the heated seat switches are wired to the respective door modules, and the door modules send bus messages to the seat module for operation. Open/high resistance elements, could cause this concern. But you would have to have at least one on each seat.

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 6:13 AM