2005 Chevy Tahoe Heated seats

MM5924
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TAHOE

2005 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 72,000 miles

I have a 2005 Tahoe, the both front seat heaters quit working & the drivers side power seat quit at the same time

Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 8:55 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6

Check fuses, is passenger seat also power operated? If so, does it still function good?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
+2
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 9:24 PM
MM5924

Yes the power adjustments work on the passenger side but the heat does not, on the drivers side both heat and power adjustments don't work. It all quite at the same time. I'm guessing it's a fuse but the owners manual isn't clear on which fuse supplies power to these applications and I don't understand why the power adjustments work on the passenger side only.

+1
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 9:54 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6

Check the fuse labeled IGN 3 (10 amp) in the instrument panel fuse block (left side of instrument panel behind the access panel). Let me know how it tests out and do the power seats have the memory or non-memory style?

+1
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 10:01 PM
MM5924

IGN 3 tested ok and it does have the memory style seats. The indicator lights do not come on at all when the button is pushed.

+2
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 10:11 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6

Okay, seems this is a common problem with the newer Tahoes. There is actually a TSB (techincal service bulletin) about this issue. Most likely the driver door module will need reprogrammed, however, you need to have the driver door module scanned by Chevrolet dealer to see if it has to be completely replaced or if it just needs reprogrammed.

+2
Thursday, February 4th, 2010 AT 7:27 AM
MM5924

Ok thank you for the help.

Thursday, February 4th, 2010 AT 7:36 AM
DEMPSEY
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TAHOE
  • MERGED

The driver's side seat heater stopped working. You press the button and it will shut off after about 2 seconds. The passenger side seat heater works perfectly unless the driver's side button is pressed. What do I do to fix this? I don't know what's wrong.

Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 1:39 AM
CADIEMAN
  • MERGED

Check with gm on this 1. They have a problem with the heated seats on all there divisions. They have to have a service bullitin out

Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 1:39 AM
TIM OPIEKUN
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
  • MERGED

2003 Chevy Tahoe, 42k 5.3L

The heated seat on the driver side recently quit working. When the buttons are pressed on the door, the lights come on momentarily then there's a click from a black box under the seat and it shuts off. I also noticed that the passenger seat works, til you press the driver side and everything shuts off. Does have something to do with the 'black box' under the driver's seat. What is the box called? Is this common? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Opie

Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 1:39 AM
LAURAGRISHAM
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
  • MERGED

2003 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

The Lock, window, and heated seat won't work on the front passenger side only. Could it be a fuse issue? If so, I looked for the fuse and could not find it. Thanks

Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 1:39 AM