Passenger side hot air conditioning

RCULPEPPER
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Cold air only blows from defrost and window defrost vents. Passenger side blows hot air even with AC on. I can hear a noise under the dash trying to switch it to cold. It was intermittent in the beginning where sometimes it would do what I wanted it to, but stopped working all together. Seeing as how I live in Arizona my air conditioning is important to me. I have been told it was a blender door, an actuator, it is going to cost $1,500.00. What is it and how much does the part cost? I will install it myself if I need to.
Monday, June 8th, 2015 AT 8:39 AM

Try pulling HVAC fuse inside truck for sixty seconds with key on. Leave key on and reinstall then start truck it may reset the actuator. It is mode door one that is sending air to windshield. That is on left hand side by gas pedal it may be cable operated. The other actuator is on top of HVAC unit it says to pull the dash to reach it but if you have small hands you may be able to get it from glove box. See picture. The actuators are from $35.00 to $130.00 depending on your system. You need to know if it is a D07 or not.
-1
Monday, June 8th, 2015 AT 9:41 AM
KINGJACOB1983
I have same problem on my 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I pulled the fuse as suggested above it did not reset actuator. Still blowing hot air. My problem began after I pulled out radio trying to fix cd player (not ejecting). I could not figure out the problem with CD player so I reinstalled everything. Later that day is when my air problem started. Is it possible I unplug something to that actuator? Or is it just a coincidence this happened the same day and my actuator is bad?
Saturday, September 9th, 2017 AT 5:36 PM
KEN
Hard to say on that one. I would recheck your work to make sure everything is plugged in and if so replace the actuator. Here is a guide and video that will show you what you are in for when doing the job:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, September 11th, 2017 AT 11:49 AM