Will not start sometimes

CROSSING
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2003 chev. Impala will not start. Battery good. It does this on occasion and it will start with no problem as though nothing is wrong. Bo
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 12:39 AM

Pick your symptoms below check it and get back with some testing results

**Cranks but no start condition:

checking to see if you have spark and fuel is the first step

**No crank at all/nothing/nada when key is engage to starting position

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.
+1
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 5:14 AM
DWK5023
Hey, the same thing happens to my 05' Chevy Impala Base 3.4L time to time. Usually when the engine is hot. I took it to get an oil change yesterday and the car would not start. The battery was replaced two days ago so that could be ruled out. Plugs were done a few weeks ago. They checked to see if the fuel pump was kicking on and it was. The engine was cranking and seemed as though it was about to fire up and it would just die. The mechanic held down the throttle when I turned the key and it would run until he let off the throttle and it would just shut down. It really had him confused as to what it was. I've read alot of people have been having this problem. Could it be a gasket that is leaking air or something or maybe something to do with the compression? I sat there for about an hour of trying and then tried it again and it fired right up. Talk about craziness.I think once the engine cools it's fine. Also once it is started it never dies, even when it is idling. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
+2
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 6:50 PM