GLOVEBOX DOOR

2003 Cadillac Deville

pnkmcneil

March, 4, 2011 AT 8:28 PM

I have same problem as "2003 Cadillac Deville cannot open glovebox door". Response by pkared on 2/10/2010 is good, but I need more description, because I do not see see the grey rubber grommet in a yellowish metal bracket or slider that the plastic hook and cable plug into. Which way should the tip of the screwdriver move? Toward the right side of the car?

Rear Door

cadieman

March, 4, 2011 AT 8:50 PM

Jimmy the latch from under the release handle is. U need a new one u will have to dye it or use it black goodluck

pnkmcneil

March, 4, 2011 AT 8:57 PM

Need more input on how to jimmy the latch. I cannot see anything to jimmy.

cadieman

March, 4, 2011 AT 9:20 PM

Dash glovebox

cadieman

March, 4, 2011 AT 9:28 PM

If u look under handle youll see a metal ; piece u can move it and it opens

pnkmcneil

March, 4, 2011 AT 11:18 PM

Although I was never able to see the metal piece where the latch cable connects, I did get lucky and snagged the right-hand end of the metal piece and pull it towards the center of the car. This did release the latch and I now have control over the glove box. And the dealer only wants $95 for a new latch without the keylock. I can open within a second with my thumb and will forego the expense. At least for the time being. The attached picture is taken from the top down inside the glovebox door. This gives you a picture of what you are looking for from underneath the closed door looking up.

hmac300

March, 5, 2011 AT 12:36 AM

Go to www. GM parts direct. Com and go to the catalog and fill that out with the model of your car. You'll need to go to the catalog. It will show a picture of your part. If you have the part number then just type that in and it will go right to it. There will be shipping but it's not sold at dealer pricing and may be cheaper.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda