CAR WILL NOT START, BUT TURNS OVER ?

2002 Saturn L100

vsant76

February, 3, 2012 AT 3:50 PM

Brand new battery, fuel pump turns on, new filter, fuel pressure 49psifrom the rail. Injecters removed cleaned external pressure cleaned. Throttle body was dirty (black)removed and cleaned out with Q-tip and cloth, new rubbers.
new spark plugs, spark tested and all 4 channels off of coil pack checked out.
replaced ignition control module anyway (agaist my better judgement, was talked into)
removed valve cover inspected timing chain (appears to be on, not broken)
Did a compression test, all for chambers were 55-60, im assuming it was low due to the engine being cold, and not being able to start.
used a inspection camera to look into the plug chambers, the walls dont appear to be scorched or have groves.

saturntech9

February, 3, 2012 AT 4:24 PM

You only have 55-60psi compression?If so thats why it wont. Start most likely the timing chain jumped time really common on that car. When you checked the compression on the engine did you hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor and cranked it over ten compression strokes?If not you need to do that and post the results. The engine wont start and run with that low of compression.

vsant76

February, 3, 2012 AT 4:36 PM

No, I didnt hold the gas pedal at all and I only turned it over 3 times. I will redo the compression test. I will not be able to do so till sunday morn, can I reply/post them

saturntech9

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:29 PM

Yes you can post then also the security light isnt on solid or flashing is it?

vsant76

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:40 PM

Im not sure, where do look for the security light?

saturntech9

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:53 PM

It would be on the instrument cluster.

vsant76

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:55 PM

Ok I will check when I get home, thanks

saturntech9

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:59 PM

Your welcome keep me posted.

vsant76

February, 10, 2012 AT 1:58 AM

I FINALLY FOUND TIME TIME TO REDO COMPRSSION TEST AND A LEAK DOWN TEST RESULTS: CYLINDER 1- 20% COMPRESSION
LEAKDOWN TEST 75% LOSS LEAKING INTO CYLINDER 2 / EXHAUST
CYLINDER 2 - 25% COMPRESSION
LEAKDOWN TEST 80% LOSS, LEAKING INTO CYLINDER 1 /EXHAUST
CYLINDER 3- 30% COMPRESSION
LEAKDOWN 80% LOSS, LEAKING INTO CYLINDER 4 / EXHAUST
CYLINDER 4- 75% COMPRESSION
LEAKDOWN 75% LOSS, LEAKING INTO CYLINDER 3 / EXHAUST

THERE WAS NO LEAKAGE INTO THE COOLANT OR OIL PAN OR THROTTLE BODY

saturntech9

February, 10, 2012 AT 4:33 AM

So what was the actual psi readings of compression for each cylinder?When you say percentages of compression do you really mean psi of compression?If so most like the timing chain let go and damaged the valves.

vsant76

February, 10, 2012 AT 5:13 AM

MY APOLOGIES, YES I MEAN PSI, NOT PERCENTAGES(I GUESS I HAVE MONEY ON MY MIND)IF THE CHAIN HAS LET GO, WOULD IT BE VISUALLY BROKEN OR OFF THE SPROCKET. AND IS IT WORTH TO REBUILD IN A MACHINE SHOP?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement