THE CAR WILL NOT START

2002 Saturn L100

ddinwiddie

December, 24, 2011 AT 1:19 AM

I checked fire at plugs and replaced plugs

December, 24, 2011 AT 1:55 AM

Tell me what you have? Do you have spark?

ddinwiddie

December, 24, 2011 AT 2:00 AM

December, 24, 2011 AT 2:33 AM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems

with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing

belt/chain.

saturntech9

December, 24, 2011 AT 2:36 AM

Just to add to this one is the security light on solid or flashing?If not I would check to see what the actual fuel pressure is. Also is there anything inop like the fuel gauge power door lock keyless entry etc?Anything strange happening?Also those engines are known for breaking timing chains and timing chains jumping time. ALso any codes?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe