2002 Pontiac Montana no heat

NICHOLEHOYT
  • 2002 PONTIAC MONTANA

I have had no heat for about 1 month. I have replaced the thermostat. No heat. I then had the heater core replaced. I will get luke warm air from vents but nothing but cold air from defrost and floor. What is wrong with my van? I would like to stop spending money on my van.

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 AT 9:47 AM

Try pulling your hvac fuse for 60 seconds with the key on then reinstalling. Sometimes the actuators will reset. If not then remove the actuator and see if it is getting power or the door is broken. See pic. I't on pass side.

+1
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 AT 10:30 AM
KEDI
  • 2004 PONTIAC MONTANA

Pontiac Montana van. Heater blows cold air at idle but warms right up as RPM increases. Any idea what causes this. As RPM increases warm/hot air increases.

Monday, July 10th, 2017 AT 6:30 PM (Merged)
FIXITMR

Could be partially blocked/plugged heater core. Backflushing is usual cure.

-1
HCROTTY
  • 2003 PONTIAC MONTANA

I have a 2003 Pontiac Montana, it is overheating and shooting out nothing but cold air from the heater. What could be the problem?

DOCFIXIT

Suspect thermostat

• 2003 PONTIAC MONTANA

Heater will blow cold air and sometimes it warms up, but mostly cold, what could be problem

Make sure hoses are both hot on heater when engine warm. Then you'll hav eto check actuator in heater box. Pic is of actuator but it shold be scanned to see what is wrong

JOHNVIALLET

I think your water pump is needing replacement as this was the problem same problem that I had

HARRELL96
  • 2003 PONTIAC MONTANA

Heater blows cold air most often. Occasionally it will blow hot air but changes back and forth while driving or sitting still. Today the van's temperature hit the 260 mark and stayed there, so, I added coolant and no change. Replaced the thermostat and no change. What am I missing?

DRCRANKNWRENCH

Well the coolant should only reach 206 Degrees F when thermosat is fully open. You may have air in the heater core or a larger bunch of air that needs to be bleed. To fdo this;
Let the car cool off and reove the radiator cap. Get some 50/50 radiaotr and distilled water mix.
Trun the heat control to the highest tmeprature setting.
Allow to reach operatin temperature and top off readiator and reserviour.
See if that helps.

XJSHEN

Thanks! The compressor is leaking, and as you said air in the heater core or a larger bunch of air in the system that needs to be bleed. I know internal coolant leaking on my car after dealer repaired on the coolant out leaking. That may caused boiled coolant in the engine and produced air in the system.
Your bleeding method is helpful! I will do that.
Again thanks
Steven

Related Heater Not Working Content

Recommended guides