CAR HAS BEEN STALLING WHILE IDLING AT ...

2002 Pontiac Grand Am

m.danielson5

February, 4, 2013 AT 4:00 PM

Car has been stalling while idling at stoplights/signs. It stalled first time, tried to restart took 5 mins got it going again. Other two times immidiately started again. Tried 'heet' in full tank of gas (it is below zero temps during all of these times, however, my car has a remote start and I do start it for 20 mins before leaving the house, it does sit outside at night). Tank first time was at 1/4-1/2 full, second and third 1/2 to full tank of gas (with heet both 2nd and 3rd time). So heet is not answer. Wish it was that easy. Any ideas what it could be? The rpms go super low at lights, and today felt like it was going to stall again at a stoplight so I two-peddled it (which I don't like at all) to keep rpms up and keep it from stalling. Please help!

Dies On Idle

hmac300

February, 4, 2013 AT 5:32 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first, it may be a bad pump

m.danielson5

February, 4, 2013 AT 5:51 PM

Fuel pump was replaced 2-3 years ago. Can it still be that? I will check fuel pressure when I get home. Thank you. Any other suggestions of things I should check? Thanks.

hmac300

February, 4, 2013 AT 5:55 PM

Ye sit can be the pump and check what i've said in reply

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement