I HAVE A 2002 MITSUBISHI MONTERO SPORT LIMITED ...

2002 Mitsubishi Montero

BigBlu

October, 27, 2012 AT 11:40 PM

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited 4x4

Problem: When I push the horn on the steering wheel all it does is clicks and does not blow and when I push the lock button on my remote keypad the horn doesnt blow all it does is clicks. The alarm doesnt work now for which I know they are tied in together.

What I have Tried: 1st check all fuses and they were NOT blown. 2nd I replaced the horn with a brand new one.
3rd tried to locate the horn relay but couldnt find it(can u please tell me where it is). 4th charged battery and cleand cleaned both terminals. 5th replaced battery in my remote keypad.

saturntech9

October, 28, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

Where is it glicking from?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

mhpautos

October, 28, 2012 AT 1:43 AM

See pic for fuse location

BigBlu

October, 29, 2012 AT 1:24 PM

The clicking is coming from under the hood by the horn. And thank you for the location and illustration of the relay.

saturntech9

October, 29, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

Check the two green wires to the horns while pressing the horn button is there power to them?

rivermikerat

October, 31, 2012 AT 11:21 PM

Any word on this BigBlu? Also make sure the horn is getting a good, solid ground.