REPLACED BATTERY AND CAR WONT TURN OVER?

2002 Hyundai Sonata

bulldogrick

July, 31, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

Replaced battery and battery cables and car wont turn over. I have power. The flashers come on for about 20 seconds and then go off and then come on?

why isn't the engine turning over?

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 6:44 PM

So what lead up to replacing the battery and cables?The problem your having now?Do you have a manual transmission or automatic one?

bulldogrick

July, 31, 2012 AT 6:51 PM

I have a automatic and the events leading up to the problems were that it wouldn't start up the other morning and the connections to the battery looked bad but I charged the battery and replaced cables from local auto store and it started right up. Then this morning it was dead so I took the battery in and had it checked and it needed replacing, so I replaced it and now it won't turn over.

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 7:32 PM

So the battery is fully charged and there is no click from the starter nothing?Also do you have a multimeter?Any security light on or flashing?

bulldogrick

July, 31, 2012 AT 7:36 PM

I dont have a multimeter. The hazard lights are flashing in 20 second intervals. And no click from the starter

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 7:40 PM

It almost sounds like the anti theft is kicking in. Does everything else work radio wipers blower fan head lights etc?A multimeter really would help to track down the problem.

bulldogrick

July, 31, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Everything works but the motor wont crank. Should I use the remote to unlock and try starting

bulldogrick

July, 31, 2012 AT 8:46 PM

YOUR THE BEST! THANKS! REMOTE WORKED, CAR STARTED RIGHT UP! KUDOS TO YOU. THANKS SO MUCH. WILL USE YOUR SITE AGAIN!

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 8:54 PM

Glad to hear it was something simple please tell all your friends about us.

bulldogrick

July, 31, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

WITHOUT A DOUBT! You guys are on my faorite list and I just posted a message on Facebook! Thanks again!

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

Your welcome glad to hear we made your favorite list. Also thanks a lot for the donation.

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang