MY DOESN'T KICK WHEN YOU PUT IT IN ANY GEAR?

2002 Ford Windstar

natasha.friley

July, 19, 2012 AT 3:36 AM

We changed the trans filter but only had enough for the filter and 5 quarts of mercon 5, would that make a diff? Also we seem to have reverse but nothing else. We also have a ticking noise on the passenger side behind the tire? And the oil is not reading on the dipstick like it is completely empty, what would be wrong? Also makes the reeeeering noise when driving. If there was no oil in it would it effect the transmission gears, and if there isn't enough transmission fluid in it would it effect the gears?

July, 19, 2012 AT 3:47 AM

WHY DON'T YOU GET YOUR FLUIDS INSTALLED TO THE LEVELS AS THEY SHOULD BE

THEN SEE WHAT YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE?

IF THIS WERE A "MacGYVER" EPISODE AND YOU WERE FLEEING FROM THE BAD GUYS.I MIGHT COULD SEE "GETTING BY" IN A PINCH

SINCE YOU PROBABLY DID NOT CHECK YOUR OIL, PRIOR TO YOUR WORK, AND YOU DID NOT SAY WHERE IT WENT TO, MAYBE IT WAS THAT LOW PRIOR TO THE FILTER CHANGE?

I TAKE IT THAT SINCE YOU ARE DOING MAINTENANCE ON IT, IT IS A "KEEPER". DON'T "SKIMP" NOW!

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma