I HAVE A 2002 DODGE INTREPID RT WITH THE 3

2002 Dodge Intrepid

suecarpenter

November, 1, 2012 AT 2:10 AM

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T with the 3.5 engine. It went bad so we bought a 2000 Chrysler LHS and put that motor into the Intrepid. Tried to start, but it will only turn over, getting fuel but no spark. What do you think a possible problem could be? I have read a couple sites that say the flex plate and cam sprocket need to be from the 2002 intrepid motor, does this sound right, I do not want to tear it back apart if its not needed.

thanks

November, 1, 2012 AT 2:17 AM

Was the motor identical for the installation?

Cam sprockets are different and very well may your issue

did you change the flex plate?

suecarpenter

November, 1, 2012 AT 2:48 AM

Only thing different was the 2000 had an oil cooler and EGR so we plugged the oil pan and used our plenum from the 2002. We did not change the flex plate, didn't read about the difference til after the car wouldn't start.

November, 1, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

Looks like you will be doing some more changeover

suecarpenter

November, 1, 2012 AT 3:00 AM

So you believe it could the flex plate and cam sprocket? We looked over everything else. I have only been able to drive this car for 15 days since I bought it 2 1/2 months ago. Bought it and the motor went out 13 days later, put a different motor in it the guy said it ran great, but knocked bad. This car is breaking me in many ways.

November, 1, 2012 AT 3:02 AM

Start with the sprockets. Remove the cover and match them up with your old ones to confirm they are different.

suecarpenter

November, 1, 2012 AT 8:18 PM

I took the cover off and the notches inside the sprocket are different. Does this mean I have to switch out both the sprocket and flex plate?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang