THE POWER SLIDING DOOR ON OUR 2002 CHEVY VENTURE...

2002 Chevrolet Venture

GoBlueChad

The Power Sliding Door on our 2002 Chevy Venture has quit working. When opening the door, the motor kicks in, but the door only travels approximately 6-8" and then freezes. At this time, I can feel a slack cable in the door track on the outside of the van. It will not move backward (open) any further manually or otherwise. It can be forced closed manually (with significant force), but the power buttons will not engage the motor in that direction.

From reading other questions/problems online, I believe this indicates a failed motor assembly (whether cable, clutch, motor, etc) while is a composite part that is very expensive to replace. I understand it is possible to disconnect the cables and make the door a manual door, but I am unclear on how to do this. Can you advise?

GoBlueChad

This is the first time I've ever asked a question here, so I'm not sure how quick replies generally come back. I've seen several other questions that received same day responses.

2CarPros Mike

Hi GoBlueChad,
I am sorry for the delay in answering your question. We normally answer all of our donors within 24 hours. Our system did not prioritize your question properly. We will certainly refund your donation. I will have an expert take a look at this immediately. Thank you for your patience.

saturntech9

Hi sorry for the delay I dont why your question didnt show up in the donor question like it should have. So you want to unhook the motor from the door and do it manually?

saturntech9

I also need to know if you have rpo code E58 or E59?There may be a rpo sticker on your glove when you open it? There will be a sticker with a lot of numbers and letters on it? If there is see which one of those codes are on the sticker.

GoBlueChad

Thank you for the response! Yes, I cannot imagine it is going to be within our current price range to repair because I am under the impression that these symptoms indicate Motor/Cable problems which require replace the entire unit. So we are looking into the much more economical option of simply having a manual door instead.

I am at work and the van is at home, but I will check for the E58/E59 code this evening and let you know. Is there a particular feature that this represents that I might know? It is an LS Extended Wheel Base and the Passenger side is only PSD. Driver side is manual.

saturntech9

Not that I am a ware of if you code get me the RPO code then we will know which one you have. Sounds like a motor assembly if the cable is getting slack in it like your saying.

GoBlueChad

January, 16, 2013 AT 12:20 AM

Saturntech9,

Sorry for the delay. We had a very busy evening yesterday and I forgot to check for the RPO codes. I looked tonight and see E58 is listed. Thanks in advance!

saturntech9

January, 16, 2013 AT 1:39 AM

There you go its directions on how to change the motor so stop after they tell you to remove the cables.

GoBlueChad

Thank you! That is a bit more involved than I expected in terms of steps of disassembly, but I'll give it a shot.

saturntech9

Your welcome let me know how you make out.

Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement