You will need to remove the fuel rail, pull the injector out and put new one in. Only thing you need to remember is that you have to pay attention to "o" ring seal, making sure you remove the old one and not damage the new one. There are specific instructions for removal in any inexpensive manual.
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 7:19 AM
Here's a sample of instructions for venture.
1. Disconnect the battery, releive the fuel pressure, Remove the air intake boot, unplug mass air flow sensor, unplug air intake temp. Sensor, unplug the egr valve and remove it, 2-10mm bolts, remove the 13mm nut holding the heater tube to the throttle body.
2. Remove the throttle cable and cruis control cable, remove the throttle cable bracket, 2-10mm bolts, 1-10mm nut.
3. Remove the 2 clamps and loosen the 2 coolant hoses going to the throttle body.
4. Take off the pcv valve and vaccum line, remove the pcv hose from the rear vale cover. Disconnect the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator, and the vacuum line on the left rear of the upper plenum.
5. Note the placement of the spark plug wires and remove all 6 of them, unplug the coil pack, 2 connectors on each side, then remove the coil pack 2-13-mm nuts on the bottom, 2-10mm bolts on the top.
6. Remove the 13mm bolt from the top of the alternator, then remove the 13mm nut holding the alternator bracket to the upper intake plenum, unplug the map sensor then remove the map sensor and vaccum line, 2-7mm bolts.
7. Remove the two 13mm bolts in the Left rear of the upper intake plenum, then remove the 8 10-mm bolts in the upper intake plenum and remove the plenum. When sliding the plenum off to the left remove the 2 coolant hoses going to the throttle body.
8. Unplug the injector wiring harness, remove the 2 10mm nuts holding the injector rail to the lower intake, remove the 1- 10mm bolt holing the fuel lines to the bracket on the right side of the rear head.
9. Remove the injector that needs replaced. Or injector 'o' ring that needs replaced, lube all of the injector 'o' rings, and reverse procedure to install.