WHAT IS INVOLVED WITH CLUTCH REPLACEMENT ON 01 SUZUKI ESTEEM

• MandJ
  • 2001 SUZUKI ESTEEM
  • 109 MILES

When clutch pedal is depressed, a loud squeal occurs, it smells bad and is emitting a metal on metal squeal. This is only when the pedal is depressed as in sitting at a light or shifting gears. The car will drive in the gears as normal (disc and plate are likely ok). I am of the opinion that the throwout bearing is shot.

What is entailed with replacing the throwout bearing? Of course, we are already aware that it would behoove us to replace the disc and plate at the same time.

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 8:27 PM

• Billymac

Not much to it remove the trans throwout bearing is on the main shaft. Pretty simple

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 8:57 PM
  • MandJ

I've done very little with front drivers. Any idea how heavy the tranny is? Are there any suggested methods to simplify it? There are several things connected to and located above it.

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 11:16 PM
  • Billymac

Well you just have to take whatever is in your way off the trans is not heavy maybe 150 lbs or so it.S one of those things once you start you will see exactly what the job entails. As long as you are confident in your mechanical abilities and safety contious you should have no probs. I can't do it any easier then you so just be safe be theral and be careful.

+1
Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 11:32 PM