Radiator cooling fans not working

STILTS69
  • 2001 PONTIAC AZTEK
Okay so I've been to a few places to have them checked out getting tired of paying people to get me some bull answer and trying to get more money.

Okay so problem is the cooling fans won't come on even when the ac is engaged but they do come on when I disconnect the temperature sending unit so I thought that was the problem so I replaced it but no go I've replace all my relays to the fans still no go I replaced the thermostat and again nothing so I don't know where to go from here

After a flush and fill on the cooling system and messing around I noticed my fans did come on but at the instrument cluster it shows I'm out of the normal range just a little under the dot right before the red and that's when the engine temperature's at 220 so I'm guessing my clusters not accurate and I do hear two clicks and all the needles move to those click's so what's the best way for a repair or should I just replace the whole cluster?

me I got the book from GM and have been doing my home work but still can't find the problem any advice would be awesome and greatly appreciated
Monday, September 9th, 2013 AT 4:29 PM

KEN

Yes the fans come on a little late in some models which is normal. You are right about the cluster gauge being a little off which has been our experience as well. You can try replacing the cluster but don't be surprised if the gauge is doing the same thing. I would let it go if the engine is not overheating then there is no problem.

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken
+1
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 AT 3:08 PM
  • 2001 PONTIAC AZTEK
The coolant fans on my pontiac aztek are not coming on I have already purchased a new relay fuse and its still not coming on what else can I do or try
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 AT 3:13 PM (Merged)
Unplug the coolant temp sensor, then see if fan will turn on? Will the fan run if you turn on the ac? Check for applicable trouble codes. Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free. Have you checked for voltage and ground at the radiator fan connector?
RAGSDALE70
  • 2001 PONTIAC AZTEK
2001 Pontiac Aztek 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

radiator fans stop working
+2
Hi:
Check to see if you are getting power to the motors. Also, is the temp gauge in the car working?
KEN

It could be the cooling fan shorted out or one of the relays has stopped working. Is a guide and wiring diagram that will help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken

+2
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 AT 3:23 PM