2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overheating

MINDOWN BUSINESS
  • 2001 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
I have replaced the radiator, the water pump, and the thermostat and the jeep keeps overheatingWHY
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015 AT 5:01 PM

Have you checked if the radiator fan is turning on? If it is, the next step is to have a chemical test performed at the radiator to check for a leaking cylinder head gasket.
-1
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015 AT 5:21 PM
ANNETTE KENNEDY
No that did not answer my question
-1
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016 AT 7:54 AM
ANNETTE KENNEDY
I replace the radiator, tstat, hoses and it still runs hot. Help
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016 AT 7:55 AM
You're kidding, right? You expect me to answer your question but you refuse to provide any information? Did you even bother to read my reply?

This is like calling my doctor and telling him "I'm in pain". He has no clue if I have a hang nail, I cut my foot off with a chainsaw, or my ex-girlfriend came back! You can be sure I'm going to have to provide some details and answer some questions.

Now, if the radiator fan is not turning on, the engine will overheat at low speeds. It will not overheat at highway speeds because natural airflow is more than sufficient.

If the fan is running properly, the engine can still overheat if a cylinder head gasket is leaking. Combustion gases can get into the cooling system where they will pool under the thermostat and prevent it from opening. Thermostats have to be hit with hot liquid. They won't open in response to hot air. Replacing the thermostat won't solve that problem because it isn't the cause of that problem.

The inoperative fan and a leaking head gasket are the two most common causes of overheating. You replaced the parts that are least likely to cause overheating. Once you check the two things in my first reply, we will know how to proceed. Until then, anything is just a guess.
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016 AT 11:57 PM