MY RODEO WAS RUNNING FINE

• Allencullenssr
  • 2001 ISUZU RODEO

My Rodeo was running fine. I drove to Austin, TX. (160mi). Got out, locked the doors. My husband walked to the back door to make sure it was locked (back door would not lock when locking from drivers side), the alarm went off, he turned the key (back door), and alarm shut off. I came back to the car a couple hrs later, and my car would not start. It would act like it was going to, but it would not kick in:( From what I have read, it's something to do with the alarm system? Is there anything I can do that will not cost an arm-n-leg instead of taking it to dealership?
Thank you in advance,
Eyvonne

Monday, February 4th, 2013 AT 10:13 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Do you have a fob to dis arm the system? Is there any lights on in the car for security? Is it factory or aftermarket system?

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 AT 12:46 AM
  • Allencullenssr

Thank you for answering. I do not know what an fob is? Yes, there is a blinking security light inside on the left side dash. It's a factory system.
Eyvonne

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 AT 12:08 PM
  • Allencullenssr

I searched for what an fob is. No, I haven't got anything but one key.

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 AT 12:29 PM