Removal & Installation
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
2. Relieve the fuel system pressure.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
4. Drain the fuel tank.
5. Remove fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
6. Disconnect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
7. Disconnect fuel tank vent hose.
8. Remove fuel tank support straps.
9. Disconnect fuel lines.
10. Disconnect fuel pump module electrical connector.
11. Remove fuel pump module retaining bolts.
12. Raise the fuel pump module to access locking tabs, if equipped. Squeeze the locking tabs together, if necessary, and remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank.
1. Install the fuel pump module into the retainer. Use a new O-ring seal and push the module into the retainer until both locking tabs engage, if equipped.
2. Install fuel pump module retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts, in sequence, to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
3. Connect fuel pump module electrical connector.
4. Connect fuel lines.
5. Install fuel tank support straps. Tighten the bolts to 22-29 ft. Lbs. (30-40 Nm).
6. Connect fuel tank vent hose.
7. Connect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
8. Install fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
9. Connect the negative battery cable.
10. Add fuel (10 gallons minimum) to the tank.
11. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM