BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
2001 FORD MUSTANG
Change a fuel pump on a 2001 ford mustang gt
have the same problem?
Saturday, January 1st, 2011 AT 10:54 PM
Removal & Installation
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
2. Relieve the fuel system pressure.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
4. Drain the fuel tank.
5. Remove fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
6. Disconnect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
7. Disconnect fuel tank vent hose.
8. Remove fuel tank support straps.
9. Disconnect fuel lines.
10. Disconnect fuel pump module electrical connector.
11. Remove fuel pump module retaining bolts.
12. Raise the fuel pump module to access locking tabs, if equipped. Squeeze the locking tabs together, if necessary, and remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank.
1. Install the fuel pump module into the retainer. Use a new O-ring seal and push the module into the retainer until both locking tabs engage, if equipped.
2. Install fuel pump module retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts, in sequence, to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
3. Connect fuel pump module electrical connector.
4. Connect fuel lines.
5. Install fuel tank support straps. Tighten the bolts to 22-29 ft. Lbs. (30-40 Nm).
6. Connect fuel tank vent hose.
7. Connect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
8. Install fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
9. Connect the negative battery cable.
10. Add fuel (10 gallons minimum) to the tank.
11. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM
to post a reply.
Related Fuel System Fuel Pump Replace/Remove Questions
Fuel Pump And Fuel Filter Replacement
How To Replace These Two Properly. Thank You.
What Is The Problem On 2 Questions
In A 2001 Ford Mustang, Why Does The Transmission Leak Out Oil From The Seal Also I Replaced The Fuel Pump And The Fuel Guage Is All The...
Changed Fuel Pump And It Ran For 2 Minutes
I Have A 2003 Mustang Gt 4.6l V8. One Day Out Of The Blue It Just Wouldnt Start So I Changed The Fuel Pump On A Hunch. Once I Changed The...
After I Changed The Fuel Pump, I Can't Get The Car...
It Just Cranks Like Its Not Getting Gas
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Fuel Pump Replacement BMW 525i 1988-1996
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.