BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
2001 Ford Mustang
January, 1, 2011 AT 10:54 PM
Change a fuel pump on a 2001 ford mustang gt
FOUND 4072 RELATED QUESTIONS
Fuel Pump Problem :what Can It Be? I Ha
What Are The Steps In Changing The Fuel Pump?
February, 20, 2011 AT 2:48 AM
Removal & Installation
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
2. Relieve the fuel system pressure.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
4. Drain the fuel tank.
5. Remove fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
6. Disconnect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
7. Disconnect fuel tank vent hose.
8. Remove fuel tank support straps.
9. Disconnect fuel lines.
10. Disconnect fuel pump module electrical connector.
11. Remove fuel pump module retaining bolts.
12. Raise the fuel pump module to access locking tabs, if equipped. Squeeze the locking tabs together, if necessary, and remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank.
To install: 1. Install the fuel pump module into the retainer. Use a new O-ring seal and push the module into the retainer until both locking tabs engage, if equipped.
2. Install fuel pump module retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts, in sequence, to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
3. Connect fuel pump module electrical connector.
4. Connect fuel lines.
5. Install fuel tank support straps. Tighten the bolts to 22-29 ft. Lbs. (30-40 Nm).
6. Connect fuel tank vent hose.
7. Connect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
8. Install fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
9. Connect the negative battery cable.
10. Add fuel (10 gallons minimum) to the tank.
11. Start the engine and check for leaks.
to post a reply.
After Changing My Fuel Pump, My Van Start Giving...
First of all sorry if my english is not that great hope you understand after my fuel pump got changed everything was great(so i t
How Do I Install A Fuel Pump In A ?
How do install a fuel pump for a 2003 mazda6
Replacing The Fuel Pump On A Flex Vinz V8
Electrical problem 2003 chevy tahoe v8 four wheel drive automatic 60000 miles i would like to know how to replace my fuel pump on
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Need To Replace Your Fuel Pump? Do It Like A Pro
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Engine Not Starting? Fix It Yourself Like The Pros
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Need To Test Your Fuel Pump? Do It Like a Pro
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.