BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
2001 Ford Mustang
Change a fuel pump on a 2001 ford mustang gt
have the same problem?
Saturday, January 1st, 2011 AT 10:54 PM
Removal & Installation
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
2. Relieve the fuel system pressure.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
4. Drain the fuel tank.
5. Remove fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
6. Disconnect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
7. Disconnect fuel tank vent hose.
8. Remove fuel tank support straps.
9. Disconnect fuel lines.
10. Disconnect fuel pump module electrical connector.
11. Remove fuel pump module retaining bolts.
12. Raise the fuel pump module to access locking tabs, if equipped. Squeeze the locking tabs together, if necessary, and remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank.
1. Install the fuel pump module into the retainer. Use a new O-ring seal and push the module into the retainer until both locking tabs engage, if equipped.
2. Install fuel pump module retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts, in sequence, to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
3. Connect fuel pump module electrical connector.
4. Connect fuel lines.
5. Install fuel tank support straps. Tighten the bolts to 22-29 ft. Lbs. (30-40 Nm).
6. Connect fuel tank vent hose.
7. Connect EVAP canister tube and hose, if necessary.
8. Install fuel tank filler pipe retainer.
9. Connect the negative battery cable.
10. Add fuel (10 gallons minimum) to the tank.
11. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM
to post a reply.
I Have A 1992 Mustang And It Just All Of A ...
I have a 1992 mustang and it just all of a sudden wouldnt start back, it starts then quits, if you let it set a lil bit it will run for
1967 Ford Mustang Miisses Severly When Warm
Engine performance problem 1967 ford mustang v8 two wheel drive manual 65,000 miles just installed edelbrock performer heads, mani
2003 Ford Mustang Fuel Pump Replaced, Still Wont...
Fuel pump was replaced in 2003 ford mustang, because there was no fuel pressure. Got the car to start, but shuts down again. Any sugges
1998 Ford Mustang Fuel Pump Remove Issues
1998 ford mustang 6 cyl two wheel drive automatic hello, I have a 1998 ford mustang and the fuel pump went out in it. I have lower
View More REPLACE/REMOVE PUMP questions
Found 4,278 related questions
Changed Fuel Pump And It Ran For 2 Minutes
After I Changed The Fuel Pump, I Can't G
et The Car Started,
1998 Ford Mustang Fuel Pump Replacement Issue
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Need To Replace Your Fuel Pump? Do It Like A Pro
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.