FUEL PRESSURE GO OVER RECOMMENDED PRESURE ON A 2500 5.9L GAS

2001 Dodge Ram

mbjohnson

December, 11, 2011 AT 5:19 AM

Run five miles loses engine power starts back fireing out the throttle body

Jacobandnickolas

December, 11, 2011 AT 5:21 AM

The regulator is bad.

mbjohnson

December, 11, 2011 AT 5:36 AM

I replaced the fuel filter regulator. You think it was a bad one. Is there a way I can test it. I have changed everything but the fuel pump trying to getthis truck to run. It say when installing the regulator to put it in the same position I did. It ran for maybe ten miles then started back.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 11, 2011 AT 5:45 AM

How high is the pressure? And yes, you may have gotten a bad one. That is what regulates the pressure.

mbjohnson

December, 11, 2011 AT 5:49 AM

The recommended presure is 42 it goes to ninety something

Jacobandnickolas

December, 11, 2011 AT 5:59 AM

Okay, that isn't good. I has to be a bad reguator. Or, something is blocked. If I recall, there isn't a return from the fuel rail. Correct?

mbjohnson

December, 11, 2011 AT 6:08 AM

No it has no return from the fuel rail. Where would a block be if its not the regulator. Oh I didnt have the tool for the clamp that came with the regulator so I baught a regular clap that has a flat head on it. That wouldnt have made a different would it

Jacobandnickolas

December, 11, 2011 AT 6:27 AM

It shouldn have made any difference. The only thing I can think of is somehow the reguator is not able to return fuel back into the tank. As a result, the pressure builds.

I hate to say it, but I think the tank needs to come back out so you can inspect everthing. I just read through checks on Mitchel. If the pressure is too high, it says the regulator is bad. I hate to say it, but either it is bad, or something is causing it to not work.

mbjohnson

December, 11, 2011 AT 6:36 AM

Ok would it be stopped up in side the tank to the regulator or on the out side of tank between regulator to where the line hook up to

Jacobandnickolas

December, 11, 2011 AT 6:40 AM

I would think in the tank, but check everything to make sure nothing is plugged.

mbjohnson

December, 11, 2011 AT 6:50 AM

So check the line in the tank that is hooked to the regulator, and the line on the out side of the tank leaving the regulator

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test