2001 CARAVAN 3

2001 Dodge Caravan

Anonymous

February, 1, 2013 AT 6:35 PM

2001 caravan 3.8 no spark no power to coil checked for volts at inj. And coil like you said heres what I got inj.04 to 0.21 key on one sec and 0.24 cranking and coil.02 volt key on 0.24 cranking

caradiodoc

February, 1, 2013 AT 9:41 PM

Please reply to the original post to be sure I see it and remember what has already transpired. It appears there is no 12 volts ever coming out of the ASD relay. In one respect that's good because there isn't much to check. First swap that relay with a different one like it. The AC compressor relay next to it in the corner is a good one to use. If that doesn't work, check for voltage on terminal 30 in the relay socket. You should have 12 volts there all the time. If it's missing, fuse # 3, a 20 amp is blown.

If you have 12 volts there and the relay is good, it is not being turned on by the Engine Computer. Normally that is the result of a defective camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor, but in that case you would still get the 12 volts at the coil pack and injectors for one second after turning on the ignition switch.

Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz