CRANKS STRONG, BUT NO START. ELECTRICAL ODDITIES.

2001 Audi A6

heavybs

July, 1, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

I have a 2001 audi a6 2.8 quattro that will crank, but won't start. Tried jumping. Recently changed the starter and ignition switch. Fuel pump has power at pump, but is not activating when I turn the key. Power windows, roof, and ac/heater are not working, and when I turn the key, the guages do not move accordingly. Do you think it is just the fuel pump or some sort of electrical or fuse/relay issue?

Earlier in the day the car wouldn't turnover, but did with a second attempt and drove home with no problem

Previously the car had occasionally periodically turned over on ignition, then immediately die, but would fire back up and run & drive as expected.

PLEASE HELP

mhpautos

July, 1, 2012 AT 5:01 AM

Scan for any fault codes, have the pump checked as last post suggests check for spark and injection pulse as well, post the results here for further assistance.

heavybs

July, 7, 2012 AT 5:59 AM

Turns out it was the ignition switch. Again. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test