I HAVE THE ABOVE CAR WITH 200000 MILES ON IT ...

2006 Audi A6

Anonymous

December, 30, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

I have the above car with 200,000 miles on it and I am concerned that I am about to spend big dollars on repairs, so I think I am going to trade it in. Has had all regular service and is due for one now. Needs buzzer for rear sesnor replaced, auto window up/down on driver door and is using more oil. Engine light has been on for a year, dealer tells me it is an oxygen sensor and that it can be fixed by them going in a cleaning the valves or something. Also, just recently started to have issues starting, when I start it the entire engine/car will shake and seems like it is not going to start. Once it starts, the remainder of the day it is like a new car. Yesterday, it took forever to start and then this morning no issure or hesitation at all. Starting to have some exterior door trim rust causing the trim to pull away. Otherwise, car runs great and looks like new. What can I expect? Should I dump it or keep it and run the risk of major issues? Any thoughts or advice?

December, 30, 2012 AT 1:17 AM

If you are ready to spend big bucks on a new car, go for it. Dont exspect to get much for your with all the issues.

It is a personal decision. You need to do what is best for you. I dont and never will buy a new car. It is a depreciating asset that drains you in money and looses value way too quickly.

DrCranknWrench

December, 30, 2012 AT 1:17 AM

It sounds like it is starting to have a lot of small problems happening which is common for this mileage. If you know the maintenance history and it was prperly mantained, then it may be worht keeping. Otherwise I would get another vehicle and keep up on the maintanence.

Dr. Hagerty

December, 30, 2012 AT 1:34 AM

I agree with the opinions of my associates. I would also add a bit of advice from my Dad: "Never form an emotional attachment to a mechanical contrivance" Audi makes fine cars, they can be very expensive to maintain, if you are not concerned with that aspect then by all means keep it. If cost is an issue, choose another car, OK?

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast