I RECENTLY HAD MY IGNITION CYLINDER REPLACED BY ...

2000 Nissan Altima

kpowers1027

November, 14, 2012 AT 4:06 PM

I recently had my ignition cylinder replaced by my dealership. Originally the key would not turn at all in the ignition. The mechanic at the dealership said entire cylinder needed replacing. After picking up the car, the next morning the car would not start on first attempt. This has occurred each morning after the replacement. The car would start after second attempt. TOday the car will not start at all. TRied jumping the battery, but that did not work.

saturntech9

November, 14, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

Does it crank and not start or no crank no start when it doesnt start?Also is the security light on solid or flashing when it doesn't start?Have you told the dealership about the problem yet?

kpowers1027

November, 14, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

Back to the dealership right now. Waiting. Yes, the security light is always on/blinking, even when running. We just got the car started (we were right about to have it towed to the dealership) when we tried it again and it started.

saturntech9

November, 14, 2012 AT 5:48 PM

Take it back to them if it all started with the new cylinder they could have missed a. Step when. They replaced it. Let me know what they find.

kpowers1027

November, 14, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

So, they "fixed" it. Then as I am driving the car is clicking. Returned to the dealer again. NOw they are driving it around and listening to the click, click, click

saturntech9

November, 14, 2012 AT 10:12 PM

When it rains its pours please share all the details when its fixed.

cadieman

November, 16, 2012 AT 3:50 AM

In this clicking is probably the alarm system going off something in that cylinder he replaced the right. Hey Rathisz hasn't gone.

cadieman

November, 16, 2012 AT 3:54 AM

In this clicking is probably the alarm system going off something in that cylinder he replaced the right. Hey Saturntech and hows it going going.

saturntech9

November, 16, 2012 AT 5:20 PM

Its going ok cadieman how have you been?So what has the dealer found kpowers1027?

cadieman

November, 16, 2012 AT 6:43 PM

Not too good Saturn tech but I can't complain. What was that question you asked me?

saturntech9

November, 17, 2012 AT 8:25 AM

I dont remember asking you anything recently.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right