1. Towed to shop due to Crank no Start condition
2. ODB Computer (Autel DS708) Showed NO Code.
3. Vehicle will crank over and sometimes will start and run really rough then die.
4. Most times it will not run at all. It blows compression back through the throttle body
5. It will back fire sometimes.
6. The crank sensor tested good
7. CAM Sensor tested good
8. Map Sensor test good
9. Coolant Sensor Test Good
10. Fire on coil is good
11. Injector pulse is good
12. Fuel pressure is good
13. Checked Timing on the Balancer and it showed good. Removed the Timing cover and checked the chain and it showed good
14. I came to the conclusion that the computer was bad.
a. I ordered a used one from the salvage yard and had it programed
15. I replaced the computer and it did crank and run but had a Miss to the engine
16. ODB Codes showed Coil Misfire problems
17. Tested the Coil and it tested good, Rechecked all sensors again and tested good
18. Figured that the computer from the salvage yard was bad or something
19. Ordered a NEW Reman Computer from All Computer Resources in Miami Florida
a. I have purchase several jeep computers from this company over the years and been very pleased with this company
20. The new computer arrived
a. Computer installed
b. NEW CAM Sensor Installed
c. NEW Crank Sensor Installed
d. NEW Map Sensor installed
e. New Coolant Sensor Installed
f. NEW Plugs installed
g. New Coil Pack Installed
21. Vehicle will crank over but not start still.
a. Looks to be over fueling
b. Bucks really bad like the timing is not correct
c. Pops and backfires out the intake
d. Will not run
22. Put the computer from the salvage yard back in the vehicle and it will run sometimes but really rough like it is not firing on all cylinders. I did get it to run long enough that the exhaust pipe between the catalytic convert and the muffler was glowing red. ( Less than 5min)
a. I am guessing that this was from all the fuel that is dumped into the exhaust system from not starting.
I am now at a LOSS on this vehicle
have the same problem?
Saturday, December 6th, 2014 AT 4:58 PM