All cylinder misfires

ROCKYROSTER
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
I have a v6 ex which all the sudden I have a blinking engine light and the code says all cylinders misfire. The dealer said to change the plugs which I did and still misfires, need help here thanks?
Sunday, August 7th, 2011 AT 3:20 AM

Engine running rough or misfiring can be cause by the following:

1. Defective spark plug.
2. Inadequate spark/coil, defective spark plug wire.
3. Lack of compression
4. Vacuum leak
5. Fautly fuel injectors.
6. Insufficient fuel pressure.
7. Contaminated fuel.
8. EGR valve that is leaking.
9. Oxygen sensors.
Sunday, August 7th, 2011 AT 3:21 AM
KHLOW2008
For all cylinders to be misfiring, low fuel pressure is one of the most common cause.
+1
Sunday, August 7th, 2011 AT 6:23 AM
ROCKYROSTER
I change the plugs and it has gotten worst and now doesnt like to idle and when the gas tank get low about 1/4 tank the car really starts getting bad. Is it still the fuel pump? How about the fuel filter?
+1
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 1:19 AM
Scan the computer for code/s if any get back with it and go to this link for further information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough
+1
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 7:36 PM
ROCKYROSTER
Change the fuel pump and strainer and still have the all cylinder misfire and now have a egr fault too. Just keeps getting worst?
+1
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 5:52 AM
ROCKYROSTER
I also remove the thermostat to help keep the engine cool, now that wouldnt have a effect on the proformance of the engine?
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 6:04 AM
KHLOW2008
If the engine is running too cold, it would affect the performance. The thermostat shouldnever be removed. If there is any problem with overheating, you need to get it looked at.
Thursday, August 11th, 2011 AT 12:24 PM
ROCKYROSTER
Will clean the egr valve today and changed and clean the gas tank hope the injectors will now start to clean up. Still idling rough and hestating.
+1
Friday, August 12th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM
ROCKYROSTER
Yup that did the trick now it runs good, thanks for the help.
-1
Friday, August 12th, 2011 AT 11:48 PM
You're welcome
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 12:25 AM
COHUNLEY
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
I have a 00 honda accord coupe that is running on 3 cylinders. I have changed the spark plug wires, distributor cap and spark plugs. Still no change in the 1 cylinder. What else can I check?
Sunday, October 21st, 2018 AT 5:12 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Check the compression pressure and fuel injectors.

Have the valve clearances checked/adjusted.
NELLO LUCIANO
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
Could an EGR valve be the reason that the car still misfire? Because I changed spark plugs and coils.
Yes, an EGR valve that does not close when it is supposed to can cause misfires. If you need more direction in finding the cause of a misfire, you need to add a real lot more details and information.
MHPAUTOS
You will not get a dead cylinder misfire but you will see rough idle problems, normally a faulty EGR will give a check light. I would do a compression test and check for vacuum leak and ensure that the injectors are okay first.
HAWAII-FIVE-0
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
2000 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170K miles

My engine is shaking allot (2 days), and I get codes P300 thru P306 all cylinder misfireing, Also code P1399? I have recently changed both O2 sensors. Could this be my crank sensor or EGR? I dont know but mechanic wants 1k to fix. Can I get to the sensor myself?
I also have recently been getting some major hesitation for the past month, I did nothing about it and now I have hesitation and no power. The hesitation was only at low speeds or RPM, work fine going over 30mph.
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

replace the fuel filter and check fuel for contamination. Have fuel rail pressure test done, this will help pick up a faulty (leaking) injector. Have the engine electrics checked running on an oscilloscope, this will help diagnose any ignition faults, check for any fault codes as well.

HAWAII-FIVE-0
Thanks for the help. I did a "drop test" and found one cylinder bad, changed the coil pack and fixed the problem.
For thoes that would liek to know how.
With your car started start pulling the plug to your coil pack one at a time. You should hear your engine start to die. If you dont hear any change in engine idle that cilinder is the problem. Continue to all cylinders to make sure its only one cylinder. From there you have the plug, the coil pack, and the wire. If your plugs look good change the pack its $90 from honda.
This worked for me on my 2000 accord V6.

KNHGN
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD
My 1999 Honda Accord has inconsistent firing plug 2nd from left. Mechanic told me to try Aldor non fouling plugs. I researched and learned it could be a bad PCV valve or camshaft cover seal. Only one cylinder affected, no exhaust smoke and compression is 150 + on that cylinder. What do you think it could be?
Recheck the plug and injector for that cylinder-start here-let me know-