Nope, because I have two batteries, and I'd trickle charge the flat one after I put the fresh one in, and they both did it. One was 15 months old when the problem started, and I bought the other cuz I thought it was the battery.
The problem turned out to be that the previous owner had attached a cooling fan in the back of the radio (who knows why -- I live north of the 60th parallel and it never gets too warm in there), and it was wired up to the battery. It was turning itself on and off at random, and that's what was the draw. We disconnected it six weeks ago, and it's been fine ever since.
Thanks for all the help, everyone. I learned a lot about what's under the hood of my first vehicle, this winter.
Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 AT 4:46 AM