I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT HOW MY JEEP IS DRAINING MY BATTERY?

1998 GMC Jimmy

nino1221

September, 16, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

I purchased a new battery for my vehicle and I put the battery in but it cranked. But it was sitting in my driveway n wasnt used for a week I went out to try and crank it but it wont the battery was drained.I then hooked it up to a battery charger but it still wont start. It makes a clicking sound when I try and turn it over but it still wont start. So what can be the problem?

September, 16, 2012 AT 5:05 PM

If the battery is drained too nbad, you would need to charge it to a certain level before you are able to crank. The charger alone might not be sufficient as the capacity for high rate discharge to crank the starter is insufficient.

To test for battery parasitic drains, check out the link below.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight

nino1221

September, 16, 2012 AT 5:07 PM

What would be the problem of the draining of the battery

September, 16, 2012 AT 5:13 PM

Mostly it is something that is not turning off. A bad relay, a light that is not switched off or a faulty component. A diagnostics would have to be done to verify the source. If you have an ampmeter, that would work.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006