I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY DURANGO THAT ...

2000 Dodge Durango

Anonymous

February, 2, 2013 AT 7:51 PM

I am having a problem with my durango that nobody I know has figured out yet. The truck will run fine one day and the next day it will stall right after start and the only way to get it started again is to hold the gas to the floor and restart. As soon as you let off the gas it stalls out. I dont know if this makes a difference or has anything to do with it but the temp gauge is staying at the lowest point at all times and I have absolutely no heat. Also, when starting with the gas to the floor, it is blowing out black smoke. I have recently replaced the battery and serpentine belt.

Changing Drive Belt

Docfixit

February, 2, 2013 AT 8:08 PM

Has computer been scaned for codes? First replace thermostat engine must be at operating temp to fuel properly. Engine is running to rich ie. Stall black smoke when restarted. If thermo replace does not solve locate ECT front intake behind ALT remove and OHM check across terminals cold high resistence as it warms up resistence lowers. If not replace ECT

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement