CAR FAIL ISSUE

2000 Dodge Durango

patrickbaker

August, 31, 2012 AT 1:51 AM

I have a real good one for someone to awsner.

Yesterday driving home I was on cruise control for about 20 min at 65 mph. Then it kicked me out of cruise and the RPM'S went to 4200 and rapidley went down with the speed until car died on side of road. After 10 min I got the truck started with no hesitation and drove off. I did not use cruise for a while. I drove back up to 70 no problem then went back to 65 and hit cruise then Set and as soon as I did same thing happend right after that. Now the car is completely dead and will not start. Im getting fuel. All parts are new from distributor cap all spark plugs wires. Radiator alternator, fuel pump, power steerting pump, a/c compressor, belts. Pully's. Everything pretty much. I did a full run up and down of the car and yet to find anything. I did a self check on my truck by holding down mileage and turning key and it runs a check of the computer in which nothing came back. It had half a tank of gas. I filled up on friday so it had a few days in their. However I did notice one thing that seems odd. Under the car next to tranny like right next to is a cable thats just hanging not to low but low enough to be like huh? It looks as though the male is in the female end of whatever it wwent to. However I have no idea what it could go to or if it goes to anything. Thats the only thing out of place on truck. All fluids are good. Nothing overheated. Tip top shape. So who can help me with this tricky situation? Please and thanks.

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:01 AM

Basics first, what is the fuel pressure. Do you have spark to the plugs and compression.

Is the battery dead or does it crank?

patrickbaker

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:04 AM

I don't know how to tell fuel pressure. I know I smell it every time I try to start truck because it's flooding I assume. Yes I have spark. Engine turns over but doesn't start. And battery is brand new just got it few months ago.

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:06 AM

Ok, if you have fuel pressure, which we need the value, and you have spark and compression, then it should start. One of them is at fault and you need to re check.

patrickbaker

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:16 AM

How do you figure out value. Without taking spark plugs out how can you test if your getting spark.

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:21 AM

You need a pressure gauge for the fuel pressure.

Take an old plug, remove the wire, crank the motor and watch for spark

patrickbaker

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:25 AM

Ok well if I go workon this for a bit and put a reply in about 2 hours will I get a response back later tonight or tommorow for follow up. If im getting spark as well what would be left?

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:32 AM

Nope, bed time here it is 11 pm. There are plenty of guys on all night and I am sure one or more will jump in.

Get the fuel pressure readings and check for spark

patrickbaker

August, 31, 2012 AT 3:20 AM

It has a spark off plugs and ignition coil very well. Fuel pressure is perfect. Everything is good just no start. Were still stumped working on solution please help

August, 31, 2012 AT 10:04 AM

What is perfect? What is the pressure?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe