BRAKES GOES TO FLOOR

2000 Dodge Caravan

bill shea

February, 25, 2012 AT 4:29 PM

The brakes on my 2000 grand caravan goes to floor replaced master cyl and checked for any leaks and you bleed the brakes and it will last about 4 days and than they will go to floor again if you bleed them they will last again for 4 days.

I replaced master cyl and checked for leaks if you bleed the brakes they will work for about 4 days than if you bleed them again they will last about 4 days again. The master cyl never needs fluid?

February, 25, 2012 AT 4:41 PM

Is the master new, used or rebuilt?

bill shea

March, 1, 2012 AT 7:48 PM

New

bill shea

March, 1, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

Brand new not rebuilt

March, 2, 2012 AT 10:31 PM

If the system is not using up fluids and the master cylinder is new and bleeding works, this is something that requires some head scratching.

Check the booster to pedal push rod free play. Ensure it has a little movement of the pedal before the push rod moves.

If vehicle is equipped with ABS, it could be the one causing the problem.

bill shea

March, 3, 2012 AT 3:16 PM

Is there a way to bypass the abf.

March, 3, 2012 AT 4:54 PM

You would need to remove the ABS control unit and install with a proportioning control valve. However for some areas it is an offence to do such modifications so ensure you are not breakinng the law by doing so.

2CarPros Ken

October, 6, 2014 AT 1:10 PM

Have you replaced the rear wheel cylinders? Air can sometimes get sucked in when releasing the brake pedal.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement