V6 3.8 HARD TO START AFTER FIRST THING IN A.M.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro

pheonix1061

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:17 AM

Starts on the first turn in a.M. After sitting all night then runs beautifully. Then during day it has to turn over multiple times before starting. Occasionally starts then immediately shuts off during the day. Again, once it's started it runs awesome with excellent gas mileage at near 27 mpg on highway. New fuel pump for gauge related issues and new plugs.

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:21 AM

Clean the idle air control valve and test the coolant temperature sensor-

pheonix1061

December, 20, 2011 AT 1:58 AM

Thanks. But, now I've been all over the internet looking for the IAC and have been to the auto parts store and I don't have an IAC that looks like the ones they have. We even checked two or three years before and after and they only show the same IAC. I have the throttle body with the electronic throttle advance with no spring loaded cable. There is no IAC mounted right behind the throttle body on the left (passenger side) on mine. The only valves of any kind on my intake all have some type of air line or fuel line running to them and the ones from Rock Auto and Advance Auto merely bolt to the manifold with two bolts and an electrical plug for a connection. Any insight?

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement