I HAVE A PEUGOT ROLAND GARROS V REG YEAR 99 ,

1999 Peugeot 206

caz1976

April, 23, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

Within thelast week my clutch has been playing up, first when I pressed the clutch pedal their was a noise like a slight crunch then I heard another noise like grinding metal on another day when at idle and when I pressed the clutch in, then I felt the clutch pedal slightly move as I was driving, then the clutch pedal was shaking up and down then when I tried to drive it the pedal just released and dont engage and is freely moving up and down, their was also alot of steam coming from the engine, I didnt start it for 2 days then when I did it wouldnt start at first but when it did it sounded really rough and loud, I have brought a new clutch to have fitted but have I done more damage to other parts by driving it, I have read things about the flywheel could you give me some advice as to what I mightve done and to what parts have I ruined it completly

Noise

April, 23, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

Yes the flywheel is most likely damaged. Also, the throwout bearing is the first failure but the nose piece that the bearing rides on may be damaged as well requiring more parts and labor.

Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda