PLEASE HELP NO POWER TO THE DRIVER SIDE FUSE BOX

• RomeoOG
  • 1999 Honda Accord

Usually I can figure out whats wrong but I have try everything I can and still at lost, Its a 99 accord LX Sedan.

Lately I notice that my Cruise Control don't work so last night I came home from work and decided to check it out, I been reading and research on the web and going off that I have learn to check for. Anyways first thing I did was change out the bulbs on the master switch on the left hand side of the steering wheels, the bulbs was the problem so I change that.

Next thing is I pull out the switch that goes to the brake light switch well its tight as a mofo from being in there for so long, anyways I got it out to test everything test ok. So I decide to take out the brake light switch sensor itself to see how it is. Anyways the bolt that holding it was another Mofo to get it loose but I got it off while doing all this my dumb self left the keys on and was listening to the radio.

Anyways When I try to put everything back now I have no power to the fuse box on the driver side the one under hood and on the passenger side still gets power. I have check every fuse and all fuse is fine. Have I burn out something? Can anybody body point me in the right direction. Also I thought the old brake light switch was the problem so I took it apart so Its messed up so I went and got another one still no power to the inside when I turn the key to on nothing is on, horn still works when open the door lights turns on.

Is there a fuse in between the driverside fuse box and the battery? I check the fuse 21(50Amp) under the hood the fuse is fine.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 5:05 PM

• saturntech9

So you get no dash lights starter is inop?

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 5:24 PM
  • RomeoOG

No light at all, when flip the keys to second position all the dash lights usually comes on but there's nothing.

-1
Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 5:46 PM
  • saturntech9

Do you have a 2.3 or 3.0L engine?

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 5:56 PM
  • RomeoOG

2.3L

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 5:58 PM
  • saturntech9

Alright on the right rear of engine compartment passenger side as your facing the front of the car. There is a fuse box there will be fuse number 41 which is a 100 amp fuse and fuse number 42 which is a 50 amp. See if the they have power there feed power right from the battery.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:08 PM
  • RomeoOG

Yes I have check those 2 fuse and every fuse under the hood they are are fine, I have check all the fuse in the passenger side also, the fuses for the lights are working but the fuse for the power windows don't have power, and all power to the fuse box on driver side is lost, and when put key to On position there's no power.

Thats why im at lost also.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:12 PM
  • saturntech9

Those two fuses I just mentioned feed the power to your ignition switch. So the fuses actually have power going thru them you checked not there just not blown?

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:17 PM
  • RomeoOG

I use a Volt Meter to check and I check on both sides of the fuse and still get power on both side, when I took the 21(50a) fuse off it kills all the power inside the car the door lights goes off, when I took off the battery fuse (100A) everything goes off. So is there something in between the brake light and driver fuse box?

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:20 PM
  • saturntech9

Check out the wire diagram I posted.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:21 PM
  • saturntech9

See if the white wire to the ignition switch has power going to it?Thats the main power feed into the ignition switch.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:24 PM