EX WON'T START

1999 Honda Accord

jkand180

October, 9, 2011 AT 8:14 PM

I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX that won’t start. I pulled it up on my car ramps to change the valve cover gasket, oil, oil filter, brake master cylinder, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor button, battery top post claps. Once I put it back together and tried to pull the car off of the ramps it would not start. It will turn over until the battery is dead but wont start. I think I hear the fuel pump on in the background when I turn the key to the on position, but not sure. What am I missing? Please help.

rivermikerat

October, 9, 2011 AT 8:19 PM

Verify you have the plug wiring order correct. Verify that the cap and rotor are properly installed. Make sure it's getting spark to the plugs.

promechanic

October, 9, 2011 AT 8:21 PM

This is most likely a problem with some of the work that you have done. You need to make sure that you have all the wires in the correct places and that all the wiring connections you removed (if any) have been put back correctly.
It is very easy to get the wires in the wrong spot on the cap.

jand180

October, 10, 2011 AT 1:50 AM

Thanks guys that is what it was I had it crossed wired. But the strange thing is I had it wired like the book said. I looked it up on the Internet and found the correct way. Once again thanks.

promechanic

October, 10, 2011 AT 2:35 AM

Glad you got it figured out. Let us know if there is anything else you need help with.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement