1999 FORD RANGER HAS NO POWER WHEN PULLING?

• krachelb
  • 1999 Ford Ranger
  • manual

I have a 1999 ford ranger xlt with a 2.5L 5 spd. It has me stumped, Its had a full tune up, checked the fuel pressure, replace both coils, timing belt replaced, replaced mass air flow and o2 sensors and reset the computer. Te check engine light is on and the abs light comes on spontaneously. The truck idles and starts fine but when u accelerate it has no power if you make it to 4th while driving you start to loose speed. I need help1

Saturday, March 1st, 2014 AT 8:53 PM

• knowledge is power

Id first read the codes and then id check the charging system. Then id check the timing belt. They should be replaced at every 60000 miles as a rule. Slack in the timing belt will cause loss of power like youre experiencing but not the abs light. That's why I said to check the charging. It can cause the two lights together if your voltage is dropping just below 12 volts

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 6:46 AM
  • homer1967
  • 902 posts

Have the codes read and post them hear, have the battery and alternator tested also and post those results. Also it is possible that you have a restricted exhaust system due to a broken or melted catalytic converter, or a crushed or bent pipe.

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 AT 12:52 PM
  • krachelb

When you plug it in it does not register. It says. Please connect vehicle.

Thursday, March 6th, 2014 AT 10:39 PM