Gas Mileage

DILDOYLE99
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
I have a 99 Ford ranger xlt, 4.0, 4x4, automatic. It throws codes p0174 and I think 0173 but they say its running lean. On a full tank of gas 16.5 it gets bout 160 miles to 180 miles on a tank. Ive switched maf sensor checked intake for leaks and air box all that stuff. Still nothing. Doesnt say anything bout o2 sensors. Ive heard may fuel pressure regulator? What bout vaccum lines on the back of the motor. Looking for help
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 AT 3:14 AM

BARRY G.
Have a 99 ranger and millage went down the tube and finally found that the pressure regulator in the automatic trans was defective and not letting the power to go to the wheels ( 70% to wheels 30% to gas tank)
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 2:15 AM
If the check engine light is on, have the computer scanned. Check fuel pump pressure to make sure it is within spec. As far as the vacuum hoses beind the engine, they run to the 4wd.
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 3:50 PM