OBD not working on 99 Dodge Ram

KEITH HELLIN
  • 1999 DODGE RAM
I went to get an emmision test and the obd is not working
Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

RIVERMIKERAT
How not working? "No communication"? Not delivering OBD data to scanner?
+1
Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 AT 1:03 AM
KEITH HELLIN
I was told it was not communicating(actually not working) but I hooked up an anillizer and it looked like it was communicating. The read out for the emmisions has no read out so I am not sure. The OBD plug has 12v between terminals 5&16 so I do not know where to look expecially since the anillizer (cheap one from parts store) showed it was communicating
Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 AT 1:32 AM
KEITH HELLIN
It does show OBD trouble codes and it passed but it faild on OBD diagonistic connector (whatever that means)
+1
Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 AT 1:38 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
I haven't had a smog license in quite some time. I'm going to ask one of my colleagues to peek in and give his opinion.
Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 AT 1:50 AM
ASAFENG
When an OBD scanner test tool is plugged into your vehicle, the monitors in the vehicle's computers send messages to the test tool indicating whether they are "ready" or "not ready" for OBD testing. If a monitor does not have enough information to pass or fail its assigned emissions component or system in the vehicle, a "not ready" or "incomplete" message is sent to the test tool. If too many monitors are set to "not ready, " a pass/fail OBD test decision cannot be made on your vehicle.
+2
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 2:53 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Cool. Advertising for another site. Very professional.
-1
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 8:54 AM
SHELLY77
First check the cigarette lighter fuse that also controls the power to the DLC, and if the readiness monitors in the PCM haven't ran their course yet it Will fail
-1
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 7:45 PM