OBD NOT WORKING ON 99

1999 Dodge Ram

keith hellin

I went to get an emmision test and the obd is not working

Wiring Issue?

rivermikerat

January, 31, 2012 AT 1:03 AM

How not working? "No communication"? Not delivering OBD data to scanner?

keith hellin

January, 31, 2012 AT 1:32 AM

I was told it was not communicating(actually not working) but I hooked up an anillizer and it looked like it was communicating. The read out for the emmisions has no read out so I am not sure. The OBD plug has 12v between terminals 5&16 so I do not know where to look expecially since the anillizer (cheap one from parts store) showed it was communicating

keith hellin

January, 31, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

It does show OBD trouble codes and it passed but it faild on OBD diagonistic connector (whatever that means)

rivermikerat

January, 31, 2012 AT 1:50 AM

I haven't had a smog license in quite some time. I'm going to ask one of my colleagues to peek in and give his opinion.

asafeng

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

When an OBD scanner test tool is plugged into your vehicle, the monitors in the vehicle's computers send messages to the test tool indicating whether they are "ready" or "not ready" for OBD testing. If a monitor does not have enough information to pass or fail its assigned emissions component or system in the vehicle, a "not ready" or "incomplete" message is sent to the test tool. If too many monitors are set to "not ready, " a pass/fail OBD test decision cannot be made on your vehicle.

rivermikerat

May, 8, 2012 AT 8:54 AM

Cool. Advertising for another site. Very professional.

shelly77

May, 8, 2012 AT 7:45 PM

First check the cigarette lighter fuse that also controls the power to the DLC, and if the readiness monitors in the PCM haven't ran their course yet it Will fail

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Engine Oil Change and Filter