THE REV COUNT STAYS ON 1

1998 Toyota Corolla

pjm1980

October, 6, 2011 AT 7:05 PM

Hi my rev count stays on 1 when not moving and the engine souds good one min and then simmers down very low and the engine warning light comes on for five mins then goes of

Dan_K

October, 6, 2011 AT 11:14 PM

I would begin by having the vehicle scanned for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). The code (or codes) will provide a good starting point for the fault diagnosis.

pjm1980

October, 19, 2011 AT 10:04 PM

Had that done the guy counted the flashes on the engine warning light and got 6 slow then four fast flashes does anyone have any ideas please he said it was the air temperture censor (i think thats what he called it)it was a sort of plug that goes into the black box near the top right side of the bonnet it was not plugged in but it still came on when it plugged in

Dan_K

October, 26, 2011 AT 9:27 PM

The intake air temperature sensor is basically a thermistor. It changes resistance (in ohms) with air temperature. Have you had the code cleared since the sensor was plugged back in?

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars